Activities and Excursions
Those teenagers choosing IBERIAN CAMPS are looking for taking the most of their vacation time while they learn English or Spanish. But we cannot forget that they must also have leisure and fun moments. For this purpose, our camps participants will do the following activities every week:
- Fun and water afternoon in an outdoor swimming pool or at the beach.
- Alicante. Province capital city by the sea, where you can visit interesting places such as the historical centre, Santa Barbara castle, the city centre, the seaport, the Explanada Promenade, the Archaeological Museum (MARQ), etc.
- Elche. Second most important city in the province. Well-known as “the palm tree city”, it has two World Heritage Sites. Places worthy to visit: the Palm Grove, the Basilica of Santa Maria, the old town, the river sides, etc.
- Canelobre Caves. Group of caves, 145 million years old, full of stalactites and stalagmites.
- Algar Waterfalls. Natural area full of waterfalls, source springs and tolls where you can take refreshing swims in crystal clear water.
- The Turron Museum. Interesting cultural visit for learning about the history of this well-known Spanish sweet.
- The Chocolate Museum and Factory. Cultural but also funny visit to the most important chocolate company in Spain.
- Games and picnic in a pine wood.
- Shopping afternoon.
- Workshop in MARQ Museum.
Full day excursion to the most beautiful and interesting places in the province:
- Guadalest. Touristic and picturesque village, well-known by its castle dominating the valley.
- Altea. Seaside town with a charming historical centre. Very touristic place where you can enjoy wandering through its magical corners and paved streets.
- Tabarca. Very popular island in this area, with a small fishermen village, sand and stone beaches, and restaurants where you can taste their well-known fish soup and the seafood paella.
Full day excursion to a water park, fun park or beach (volleyball, paddle tennis, kayaking, SUP surfing…)
- Water park. Aqualandia. One of the biggest water parks in the world, with water rides for all ages.
- Fun park. Terra Mítica. Theme park based on the old Mediterranean civilisations (Egypt, Greece and Rome).
OTHER ACTIVITIES FOR LEISURE TIME
- Gymkhana through the university campus
- Dinner at the beach
- Films, shorts, documentaries…
- Easy cooking workshop
- First aid workshop
- Camp’s end festival